Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day Two of Miss Iowa






       This morning we all woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed to go to Cumulus and make an appearance at B100 where we got to be on the air. We got to promote the pageant that is coming up this weekend and do some trivia about Iowa. I learned that we have a Balloon Museum in Indianola! How cool is that?



       After the visit at the radio station, we got the amazing opportunity to go to the Salvation Army Shelter and play princess with the girls there. Each girl got to keep an old or new dress that we each donated and we got to do their hair and makeup. This appearance has by far been one of my favorites that I've ever had. This not only
made me feel grateful for what I have, but it made me  understand the true importance of a family. All of the parents were so happy when they saw how happy their little girl was and it truly touched my heart. I hope some day I can go back there
and do something like that again. We were treated to meals at Pizza 
Ranch and Lancers Grill. Yum! Thank you to all our wonderful supporters

No comments:

Post a Comment