Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What a Weekend

Hello!

This last weekend has been crazy busy, but crazy fun! Last Thursday through Saturday, Kennedy High School's production of Jekyll and Hyde was premiered and I had the honor of being a part of such a great show. I had an absolute blast performing with my friends and being onstage. This is a show I won't forget!

Lucy (played by Mary Mathis) and I
All the Red Rat Girls!
On Saturday, I headed over to Davenport to attend Miss Iowa Orientation! Crazy to think that the Miss Iowa pageant is just around the corner. I had a great time with the Muscatine queens and met some of new faces as well. I can't wait to get to know the Outstanding teen contestants more at Miss Iowa week! 

Serica, Leah, and I 

Your Miss Iowa Class of 2014

On Monday, I then headed over to Des Moines to compete in my National History Day competition. My partner Sweta and I delivered a performance based off of William Shirer, a journalist reporting during the Nazi Reign. We were honored to received the Literature in History Award and place as an alternate for nationals!

Sweta and I standing behind the capitol
Receiving our award with the Lieutenant Governor Reynolds 

Until next time,

Your Miss Muscatine Outstanding Teen
Nina Yu


No comments:

Post a Comment