Thursday, June 5, 2014

It's Almost Here!

Hello Everyone,

Can you believe it's almost Miss Iowa Week? These past few months have flown by and yet I can't be more prepared for the competition next week. This past month has been crazy with mock interviews, shopping trips, and piano playing. Earlier this month I was able to go to the Eastern Iowa Honor Flight Orientation and meet all the veterans heading to Washington D.C. to see the WWII and Vietnam memorials. It was an absolute honor to meet these veterans and thank them for all their years of service.


This month was also filled with fun shopping trips with Ashley and Leah, weekly consultations with Legacy Group Pageant Consulting, and playing piano over, and over, and over again. Needless to say,  I'm ready!

Before I head off to Davenport and begin competing for Miss Iowa Outstanding Teen, I would like to thank everyone who has supported and helped me through this new experience. After winning Miss Muscatine Outstanding Teen, I had no clue my life was going to be turned around like this and I am so blessed. I would first like to thank my directors Elaine, Ashley, and Kindra for being the best so wonderful in every aspect of prepping me. You guys have taught me so much and gave me so much support and encouragement, all I can say is thank you thank you thank you! I would also like to thank Legacy Group Pageant Consulting, especially Michelle and Jessica. I always got so nervous before interview and now, thanks to you, I know I'm prepped and polished. I have learned so much from you guys and I don't think I would be even close to ready if I didn't have those weekly conference calls. Another big shoutout to all the Miss Muscatine sponsors, without you all, I wouldn't be where I am today, and for that I am truly grateful. Le Chic Pageant Boutique, Workout with Ray, Shrik Photography, and just some specific sponsors who have really helped me throughout this journey. A huge thank you to my parents and friends who have supported me every step of the way. I can't thank you enough.

Just typing this blog has got me excited about Miss Iowa week. This moment has finally come and I will cherish every moment! I will make sure I keep you all updated with everything I am doing during Miss Iowa Week so make sure to check back!

Your Miss Muscatine Outstanding Teen,
Nina Yu




No comments:

Post a Comment