Monday, June 9, 2014

Miss Iowa Week Day 2

Hello,

Wow, what a busy busy day! My first day of Miss Iowa Week is over and I can't believe I still have a whole week left. Today felt like an entire week of activities already. I woke up bright and early to package meals for the Kids Against Hunger Organization. We managed to package hundreds of meals for children in Africa and make sure they can life a healthy long life. After we finished packing, we headed to Panchero's to have lunch! A special thank you to Panchero's for being a Miss Iowa Organization sponsor and providing us with free meals! We then headed to Ridgecrest Village to visit the residents at the nursing home. I was so happy to meet all the elders and listen to their stories. I was also honored to play my talent piano piece for the residents as well. After Ridgecrest, we had a rehearsal to learn our opening number dance. Then the Outstanding Teen and Miss contestants went to the Davenport Bandits game and watched the game and made a small appearance! Finally, we went back home and had another rehearsal.

Today was defiantly a whirlwind of activities, but I had fun at each and every one of the service projects! Can't wait for what's coming up. Stay tuned!

Packing food for Kids Against Hunger

All the Teen contestants at Pancheros



Halie, me, and Emma-kate meeting Milo at Ridgecrest

At the Bandits game!
Selfie with the girls!

Your Miss Muscatine Outstanding Teen,

Nina Yu







No comments:

Post a Comment