Saturday, January 7, 2017

So Long Farwell...

Well, where do I begin? What a year it has been for me being your Miss Muscatine’s Outstanding Teen 2016!
I was able to accomplish so much in just one year of being crowned Miss Muscatine’s Outstanding Teen. I met several Presidential candidates, I spoke and volunteered at many Alzheimer’s Association events, I performed my passion--baton twirling, I competed at Miss Iowa's Outstanding Teen, I met many new people, and I made memories and friendships to last me a lifetime. But this memorable year would not have been possible without the help of some really amazing people.
First off, I’d like to thank my awesome directors, Ashley Brown and Kindra Plett. To Ashley, thank you for keeping me on track and for always giving me the best inspirational talks! To Kindra, thank you for your amazing hair, makeup and fashion advice! I would still be clueless on how to curl my hair if it weren’t for you! Thank you to Michelle and Jessica for prepping me in every aspect for Miss Iowa week. From paperwork to interview prep, you both always went the extra mile to make sure I was ready. To Ray Porter, even though you are over a thousand miles away in Georgia, you still made it a goal for you to help me overcome my performance anxiety. I can now perform in front of large crowds and not have a panic attack, thank you so much! My amazing sister queens: Kaylee, Jessica, and Julia, this year would not have been the same without you three. I am so blessed to have grown closer to each of you and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for all of you! Thank you to all the Muscatine Scholarship sponsors, without your generous support, I would not be standing here today! Thank you especially to Le Chic Prom and Pageant Boutique for providing me with my dream dress, Michale Crumly with Mississippi Pearl Photography for my beautiful headshots, Salon Halo for making my hair look fantabulous, and many more!
But most importantly, I want to thank my family and friends for supporting me in everything I do. Mom, thank you for constantly schlepping me all over God’s green acres for appearances and volunteering events. You sacrifice so much to make sure I can chase every dream I can. Thank you for always making sure I look perfect, for making me take lots of pictures, and for always loving me (even though I can be a piece of work sometimes). To Papi, Grandma and Gabi, thank you all for being my biggest cheerleaders. I know I can always count on you guys to make me feel the most confident on and off the stage. I love you all.
    To the next girl who will be crowned Miss Muscatine’s Outstanding Teen, you will have a blast this year! As cheesy as it may sound, your year will go by quickly, so enjoy and soak up every moment you encounter and take advantage of every opportunity presented to you!
Even though my time of being Miss Muscatine’s Outstanding Teen has come to an end, I am so excited for the next adventure I will take on. As they say, dreams don’t work unless you do. I plan to continue working with my platform, Remember Me: Attacking Alzheimer’s Disease. I also hope to embark on another journey and dream within the Miss America Organization. Not only has this excellent organization taught me skills to utilize in everyday life, but it has helped me discover who I am and how I plan to grow as a woman. But for now...

Signing off for the last time,
Your Miss Muscatine Outstanding 2016,
Sophia Aguirre

No comments:

Post a Comment