Sunday, May 8, 2016

Busy Bee!

Holy moley! Time sure flies by when you're having fun! Miss Iowa is quickly approaching, and I couldn't be more thrilled! Although there is only just days until finals night, there is still a lot to do!
I was recently honored to receive my volunteer proclamation that was signed by Governor Branstad to recognize the importance of Iowa Volunteer Week! It is such an honor to know that this proclamation was acknowledged, read, and signed by the governor of our great state!
My Volunteer Proclamation for the State of Iowa

I am also super excited to say that I have some great plans for my platform this month! On Tuesday May 10, I will be performing a baton routine at the halftime of the Alzheimer's Association's Blondes VS. Brunettes RivALZ Game! I absolutely enjoy being able to the two things I love so much- baton twirling and fighting Alzheimer's! On May 23, I will be volunteering at the Alzheimer's Association's "Round to Remember" golf outing! I will also be speaking at this event and describing how my life has been affected by a loved one living with Alzheimer's disease.
Last year's "Round to Remember" Golf Outing
I will try to keep you all updated as Miss Iowa approaches. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Sophia Aguirre
Miss Muscatine's Outstanding Teen 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment