Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Happy Spring!

Hello everyone,

What a busy, yet successful few weeks! Since my last blog post, I competed in my last show choir competition of the season and Protege ended it with a bang. We made a clean sweep and won Grand Champions, best vocals, and best male soloist, way to go Protege!

At night, I left the show choir competition and headed to the Cedar Rapids Public Library to watch the Miss Cedar Valley Pageant. I had a great time meeting new local titleholders and watching the pageant, the girls competing were all great. Congratulations to our new Miss Cedar Valley, Amanda Manning!



The week flew by and I prepared for a National History Day competition for Friday. National History Day is a nation wide competition that engages students to create history through various forms. My partner, Sweta, and I have been doing a performance for 5 years now! In the last 2 years, we were even blessed to win the state performance winner and head to Washington D.C. to compete in nationals. This year, Sweta and I performed a 10 minute skit about the rights and responsibilities of a journalist during the Nazi Reign and received the senior performance district winner and will be heading to state April 28th!





Now that it's Spring Break, I'll be kicking back my feet and finding a new book to read. I am excited to meet up with Ashley and Elaine this weekend to figure out my outfits for Miss Iowa week and my photoshoot with Shirk Photography! 

Your Miss Muscatine Outstanding Teen,

Nina Yu

No comments:

Post a Comment