Saturday, March 1, 2014

It's Show Choir Season

Hello everyone!

This February has been crazy busy, but I have loved every second of it! Since it is show choir season, I have been competing in numerous show choir competitions every weekend representing the Kennedy High School prep show choir "Protégé". We have been very successful this year and have taken home 3 grand champions and even placed in finals, competing against varsity groups! I've had an absolute blast hanging out with my show choir family and performing onstage.

Backstage, getting ready to perform!
Nothing better than performing onstage with your friends
I have also been very busy working with Diversity Focus and promoting my blog (link:http://www.diversityfocus.org/category/fellows-blogs/asian-american-blog/) Every week I will be uploading a blog post based on a topic we are given. This post have really helped me grow as a writer as well as become more knowledgeable on my platform "Diversity Advocacy". I was very blessed to see one of my article's appear on the Cedar Rapids Gazette!


As this busy season dies down, I hope to focus more on preparation for Miss Iowa Week and participating in more events as Miss Muscatine. Next Tuesday, I will be volunteering at IHOP to celebrate National Pancake Day and the Children's Miracle Network, stay tuned!

Nina Yu
Miss Muscatine Outstanding Teen










1 comment: