Monday, March 31, 2014

Miss Liberty Pageant

Hello everyone!

Spring Break flew by in seconds! Proud to say I didn't sit on my couch all day and watch movies (though it was very tempting), but instead got to attend several events and prep for Miss Iowa! Last Thursday, I was able to attend to Professional Women's Network luncheon with Diversity Focus and learn about the millions of opportunities for women in the work force and the increasing amount of new women entrepreneurs in todays society. Chuck Peters, the President and Chief Executive Officer of The Gazette Company, and his wife talked about Iowa's Creative Corridor and it's future and current progress. I had a great time and learned a lot about our city and the role women play in it.

On Saturday, my directors Ashley and Elaine were able to stop by to pick out some outfits for my photoshoot with Shrik Photography and lay out possible outfits for Miss Iowa. I had a great time "modeling" for them and got even more excited for Miss Iowa this June! The next day I attended the Miss Liberty Pageant in Dewitt and had a wonderful time watching the pageant. I got to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones as well. 
My lovely director, Elaine

All of our local titleholders at the pageant


Until next time,

Your Miss Muscatine Outstanding Teen,
Nina Yu

No comments:

Post a Comment