Monday, May 1, 2017

Alot to Catch Up On

I know that I haven't posted a blog for a long time, but I hope to recap you all on my year of service. Since I have been crowned I have felt a whirl wind of emotions! I am so happy to be able to represent the Muscatine community, but I am also very involved with school work, dance, and extra curricular activities. I have put in more than 75 volunteer hours since I have been crowned. I have also joined FFA, FCCLA, club softball, club volleyball, competition dance, and the Wapello track team. I have promoted my platform, "Educating the Voters of Tomorrow" at my school by bringing two state representatives to talk to my peers about the political process. I have also conducted surveys at my school and presented the data to my school board. I have also been busy visiting my local care center, volunteering with Special Olympics in Muscatine, and much, much more. In these next few posts I will talk more specifically about everything I have done, as I count down the Days to Miss Iowa's Outstanding Teen.


                                                                                                 Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment