Sunday, May 7, 2017

Competition Season

So far this year I have competed in 4 Dance competitions. For those of you who don't know, I dance at Cheryl's School of Dance in Burlington, Iowa. I take tap, jazz, lyrical, hip-hop, pointe, and acrobats. For competition I compete in Lyrical, Senior Tap, and Production. I also have a tap solo, which I have done very well with. At my first competition I received an invitation to nationals, a Platinum, and 6th overall. At my second competition I got a Platinum, 1st overall, and Best Choreography. Competition  number three gave me an Ovation Platinum, 4th overall, and the "Fancy Feet" judges choice award. This past weekend I competed in Davenport. I was awarded with a Double Platinum, 5th overall, and the "Showstopper" judges choice award.  I am thankful for my teachers, Miss Sommer and Miss Vickie. If it weren't for those two wonderful women I wouldn't be where I am today. Without their time and effort they put into my dance routines, I would never be as good as I am now. Also, my sister, who helps me prepare and is the best cheerleader. My dance family, who are always there to cheer me on!! But most of all, I am thankful for my mom who helps me get ready and puts toget her all my costume. She is my number one supporter in everything I do and I don't know what I would do without her!! I have one more dance competition before the season is over, but just wait, I'll be there next year too!

Lydia Fisher
Miss Muscatine's Outstanding Teen 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment