Friday, March 8, 2013

March is the National Music Month

To help promote music in schools and encouraging others to get involved in their local music programs as a student ambassador of the VH-1 Save the Music Program, I met up with Mayor Hopkins and asked him to make a proclamation about March as the music month. I gave a speech at the Muscatine Council Meeting which explained my love for music, as well as why music is so important to maintain in somebody's life.  Council voted for this proclamation and I can't wait to get started on the essay contest as well as a city wide talent show that will give back to the schools' music program, as well as VH-1 Save the Music Program.

I encourage everyone to get involved with this wonderful program or even take up a music class or an instrument during March. You never know what new passion could be waiting for you around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment