Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Shaking up a Daycare's Day

This morning I visited Happy Home Daycare to share my platform, The Magic of Music. I showed the kids that you can get an instrument for free by taking empty cardboard boxes and putting noodles, rice, and beans in them to make a sound. After taping up the boxes and each decorated our own, we shook our recycled instrument to the beat of "Party Rock Anthem".







Not only did the kids learn how to have free fun, but I learned something as well. After we made our instruments, a shy little boy in the back of the classroom walked up to me and hugged me. He told me that he had so much fun today and he couldn't wait to go home and show his parents his new instrument. He also told me that he couldn't wait for Christmas so that he could ask Santa to bring him a drum set.  This experience taught me how much of an impact you can make on a child's life by simply doing a crafty activity with them and sharing the magic of music. Knowing that I have inflicted joy in this child makes me feel so much more passionate about this platform. Music does change a child's life in small and in big ways.

All in all today was a successful and amazing day. This kids have proven to me that my platform does change lives and brightens someone's day. I can defiantly see myself going back there soon to hold another music class.


No comments:

Post a Comment