Saturday, March 16, 2013

Music Has No Age Limit

 Thursday I had a music recital at the SunnyBrook Retirement home. I sang them songs from the school musical, my old talent song, and a couple of classical songs I had been working on. They clapped so hard when I was done singing which was very rewarding.

After I sang I talked about the Miss America Organization and the impact it has made on my life, as well as what my personal platform is.

At the end of the recital, a couple of people came up to me and told me who music has affected their lives. One man told me that music is the main reason he had such a positive attitude when he was fighting over in Germany during World War 2. He used to get together with the other soldiers and sing songs with them when they marched or even when they ate.

The experiences I've had this week have really started to show me how truly important music is in a person's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment